This beautiful neutral soft Fawn yarn is sustainablly and naturally hand dyed using a food waste dye from the Loch Ness Knitting Cafe Collection.
Each 100g skein gives 155m of British Blue Faced Leicester yarn for your projects.
Pay What You Can pricing is available to Loch Ness Knitting subscribers on this product.
If you are not yet a subscriber you can join by completing the details and clicking the subscribe button at the bottom of the page.
To help you weigh up a price point that works for you here are more details of the time and work that has gone into creating this yarn.
- 100% British wool
- Collection of raw dye materials, either as food waste from local cafes or woodland waste ie invasive plants
- Processing raw materials, cutting, stripping, soaking and cleaning
- Preparation of raw materials into dye
- Preparation of yarn for dyeing
- Dyeing – hand dyed in small batches using a variety of slow and traditional methods taking hours, days or weeks
- Natural drying
- Labelling, listing and photographing for online sales
- Point of sale
- Shipping, wrapping, labelling, taking to Post Office or courier
- Regular stock checking
- Email communications and behind the scenes updates
- Other business development activities, ie locally sourced Loch Ness Yarn, pattern designing and course teaching.
If you would like to make an open contribution to my work please consider donating to my Go Fund Me Sustainable Off Grid project to set up solar and water systems for my business.