A luxurious cropped sweater with built in features to compliment your yoga practice or just chill out in style.
The cuffs have a generous length of ribbing and start high on the wrist. So that they don’t fall down onto your hands during practice.
The cropped length means that there is not an excess of fabric to fall over during inversions and downward dogs. There is plenty of ease through the rib cage to support freedom of movement during spinal twisting postures. The body rib is deliberately loose to reduce friction between any sports bras of cropped tops worn underneath
The shoulder detail is a Fishbone lace stitch. A nod to the Gansey heritage of the Highlands. Also a feature that allows for a little air around the area and ensure you stay comfortable during practice.
The overall pattern is a top down circular yoke with no sewing up at the end. Combined with the cropped length this should be a quick and easy knit for yourself or the yogi in your life.
Pay What You Can pricing is available to Loch Ness Knitting subscribers on this product.
If you are not yet a subscriber you can join by completing the details and clicking the subscribe button at the bottom of the page.
To help you weigh up a price point that works for you here are more details of the time and work that has gone into creating this pattern.
- Initial idea
- Yarn preparation for sample – see yarn dyeing
- Draft pattern (hand notation) and first hand made sample – many hours or work depending on the type of pattern
- Multiple edited computer and pdf compatible versions
- Technical editing – outsourced fixed cost
- Additional testing and sample making (also requires additional yarn) – outsourced fixed cost
- Listing on website and other external marketplace
- Email communications and promotional activity
- Other business development activities, ie locally sourced Loch Ness Yarn, yarn dyeing and course teaching.
If you would like to make an open contribution to my work please consider donating to my Go Fund Me Sustainable Off Grid project to set up solar and water systems for my business.