This beautiful chunky cowl is inspired by the legend of St Columba and the beast of Loch Ness. The traditional crossing of the Celtic braid reflecting the choppy waters of the deep and mysterious Loch.
This cowl looks stunning but is actually a very easy knit braiding together lengths of wide i-cord. The pattern has lots of photos and clear instructions to complete the braided sections.
Enjoy with your own choice of yarn or choose a selection of naturally dyed yarns from banks of Loch Ness.
Pay What You Can pricing is available to Loch Ness Knitting subscribers on this product.
If you are not yet a subscriber you can join by completing the details and clicking the subscribe button at the bottom of the page.
To help you weigh up a price point that works for you here are more details of the time and work that has gone into creating this pattern.
- Initial idea
- Yarn preparation for sample – see yarn dyeing
- Draft pattern (hand notation) and first hand made sample – many hours or work depending on the type of pattern
- Multiple edited computer and pdf compatible versions
- Technical editing – outsourced fixed cost
- Additional testing and sample making (also requires additional yarn) – outsourced fixed cost
- Listing on website and other external marketplace
- Email communications and promotional activity
- Other business development activities, ie locally sourced Loch Ness Yarn, yarn dyeing and course teaching.
If you would like to make an open contribution to my work please consider donating to my Go Fund Me Sustainable Off Grid project to set up solar and water systems for my business.