The Cafe Collection is made using natural ingredients from my weekly collection at the local Cafe Eighty2. This sustainable process uses waste ingredients to make beautiful yarn colours and reduce landfill. Typical ingredients include coffee, avocado and orange peel.
This taster pack includes 5 mini skeins of 4ply merino. Colours will vary depending on the seasons and may not be an exact match for the photos above. Each mini skein is 20g and gives 80m of yarn for you to enjoy.
Please note that this yarn is dyed to order and may take up to 4 weeks to arrive.
Pay What You Can pricing is available to Loch Ness Knitting subscribers on this product.
If you are not yet a subscriber you can join by completing the details and clicking the subscribe button at the bottom of the page.
To help you weigh up a price point that works for you here are more details of the time and work that has gone into creating this yarn.
- 100% British wool
- Collection of raw dye materials, either as food waste from local cafes or woodland waste ie invasive plants
- Processing raw materials, cutting, stripping, soaking and cleaning
- Preparation of raw materials into dye
- Preparation of yarn for dyeing
- Dyeing – hand dyed in small batches using a variety of slow and traditional methods taking hours, days or weeks
- Natural drying
- Labelling, listing and photographing for online sales
- Point of sale
- Shipping, wrapping, labelling, taking to Post Office or courier
- Regular stock checking
- Email communications and behind the scenes updates
- Other business development activities, ie locally sourced Loch Ness Yarn, pattern designing and course teaching.
If you would like to make an open contribution to my work please consider donating to my Go Fund Me Sustainable Off Grid project to set up solar and water systems for my business.